The Government of Nepal has finally opened the country for trekkers and mountaineers. Since the lockdown has been lifted from the 17th of October, travelers can now opt-in with a travel agency in Nepal to acquire a VISA.
Although travel restrictions have been lifted to a point, the Ministry of Culture, Tourism, and Civil Aviation have prepared a guideline for travelers that must be followed during your trip to Nepal. As the long shut tourism in Nepal has been resumed, we are just as excited as you.
Below are some of the COVID-19 Safety Protocols for Travelers in Nepal:
- Before your departure, you will need to obtain a visa from either the Nepalese embassy or the diplomatic mission in your country. You will also be able to obtain a pre-approved visa through a Travel Agency in Nepal.
- For a pre-approved visa, one must apply through a Travel Agency in Nepal. CoreTreks will assist you with this one. Plus, an endorsement by a travel agency will speed up your visa procedure.
- A comprehensive Travel Insurance worth USD 5000 covering for COVID-19 (per person)
- Proof of COVID-19 test resulting in negative taken not less than 72 hours
- Upon arrival, you are required to complete the immigration formalities and stay under quarantine for a minimum of 7 days
- During the quarantine, a second PCR test will be taken here in Nepal on the 5th day. You will be allowed to travel once the result is negative. Note: The cost of quarantine and PCR tests should be borne by you.
- If the PCR report is positive, then you must stay under quarantine for the time required and will only be allowed to travel after two negative PCR tests.
- Insurance of NPR. 1,00,000 must be deposited for the guides and field staff as COVID-19 insurance. This will be taken care of by CoreTreks.
- Follow all the health and safety protocols that are highlighted by the Ministry of Health and Population to limit the spread
- Travel Agencies are responsible for informing and updating their travelers about the safety protocols
Required Documents for your VISA:
Times are tough, but so is our motive to provide a seamless traveling experience in Nepal. CoreTreks will be assisting you before you even arrive in Nepal. Our team will take you through the process of applying for the visa once you provide us with the following documents:
- Passport Copy (Colored)
- Flight Itinerary
- Travel Insurance details with the coverage of not less than USD 5000
- Hotel reservation for 7 days as the quarantine period.
Please note: Safety protocols and policies may be changed over time by the Government of Nepal. Therefore, we suggest you stay updated.